Thursday, January 29, 2015

Beauty Blogger?

If you know me at all, you might be aware that I am slightly obsessed with all things beauty. In other words, I have far too much makeup, nail polish, hair and body care products for one girl to possess. I love trying new brands and techniques, finding what works- and what doesn't. Over the course of a few years, I have come to find that I am not completely horrendous at applying said products. Makeup has been a love of mine since middle school (at that point in time I was all about the raccoon eyeliner and blue eyeshadow), and has evolved over time into something more sophisticated and mature. Any inspiration, tricks, or tips concerning beauty mostly come from hours upon hours of watching Youtube videos. The beauty gurus I watch specifically are anything but amateur, and they taught me the key to perfecting any kind of art form: practice, practice, practice! Anytime I come across a new way to deep condition my hair, or wing out my eyeliner, I will now have an outlet to share the wealth. Who knows, maybe you'll find your new favorite beauty regimen? With that being said, I'm going to share one of my new favorite skin care secrets that will leave your skin feeling refreshed and hydrated (as smooth as a baby's butt). Here's the secret:
Deep Exfoliating Coffee Scrub
1 part ground coffee
1 part sea salt or sugar
2 parts coconut oil
 small reusable container 


Now listen up, this is not brain surgery. The ingredients do not have to be exact, just as long as you have more coconut oil than coffee and sugar. You will know your mixture is perfect when all the ingredients combine into a smooth paste.
*Be warned: this scrub does not look appetizing, but it smells DIVINE*
Use all over your body and face in the shower, letting it sit for up to a minute. Rinse off and enjoy the skin you're in. You can use this scrub up to twice a week, but no more than that or your skin will damage and dry out. Put whatever is leftover in the reusable container, and save for up to three weeks.
I did a little research and found that the caffeine in the coffee helps diminish and fade cellulite, stretch marks, and dark spots. The combination of the grounds and the sugar/salt also help provide a deep exfoliation to remove dead skin and build up in your pores. To top it all off, the coconut oil is one of the best natural moisturizers out there. After using this scrub, you will not remember the last time your skin felt so soft. This has now become one of my favorite beauty staples, and I had all the ingredients in my pantry. In other words, I got to feel pampered for FREE. 
Mama like.


Hope you guys enjoyed this fun little post, I know I did. I really want to do more posts of this nature along with my regular content in the near future. Thank you for keeping up with my sporadic moods and random posts, I love that I can completely express myself on here with no limits. 

xoxo
-Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment