Monday, September 15, 2014

WERK While You WORK

Hi.
Yes. 
I'm alive. 
Blah, blah, blah. 
*Nominates herself for the worst blogger in the world award, in which she wins by a landslide*

My absence from my blog- or any social media for that matter- isn't important right now because this is the start of something BIG. This summer has been a whirl wind of midnight drives, road trips into the mountains, deafening concerts that made the ringing in my ears a thing of privilege, and losing love in others while gaining it all back in double from those who have been there since the beginning. I was lucky enough to cross things off my prestigious bucket list like:

Seeing The Queen Herself, Lana Del Rey, at Red Rocks in Colorado



Flying to Houston, Texas with my two best friends to see One Direction



Spending every waking moment with the people I love most


And the most taunting item on my list, being able to WERK while I WORK.

This little play on words is most likely confusing to anyone who doesn't have the brain capacity of a potato like myself, so I'll explain. 'Werk' is a term used when one is talking about Beyonce or Tyra Banks- queens of sass and being bad ass (Dr. Seuss ain't got nothing on me). So in other words, "werking it" means being the fiercest, most fearless and successful woman I can be. Not only do I want to WERK it, but I want to do it simultaneously while WORKing hard at my life goals. To sum up this horrible explanation, I want to work towards my dreams and pursue whatever life has to offer while being one strong, independent woman who can rock a pair of stilettos. This requires me to take steps in bettering myself mentally and physically, so I took another big leap- into the unfamiliar world of fitness. Although it's a struggle and I had my fair share of ups and downs, nothing feels better than to see results from all the hard work and effort you put into your own body. 
And that's not all. 
Changes are being made throughout my entire life, slowly molding into the future I have always envisioned for myself and I have never been more excited. I have major projects coming up that I can't wait to share with you all, but it's a bit too premature to say anything just yet. Trust me when I say, I haven't been this thrilled about something in a long time and when everything is finally revealed it will be well worth the wait.

I want nothing more than to share this amazing journey with all the people I care about most. If you're willing, I'd love for you to join me on this crazy ride we call life. 


Until next time my loves, 
Hill xox

No comments:

Post a Comment